I have been struggling to properly learn Combine. There's something that hasn't clicked on my head yet on how to build things with this framework. By no means I am an expert, I am only writing this to gather the resources I've been using and that might also be helpful for you. Or probably me in the future too...
What you should know?
- Publisher and Subscribers
Publisher and Subscriber
Publisher and Subscriber are described as protocols.
A Publisher provides data when available and upon request. A Publisher thas has not had any suscription requests will not provide any data.
map operator doesn't change or interact with the failure type, only passing it along.
- Combine is designed in a way that the suscriber controls the flow of data. Also controlling processing that happens in the pipeline. This is known as back-pressure.
- The suscriber drives the processing within a pipeline by providing information about how much information wants or can accept.
- A suscriber conected to a publisher requests data with a specific demand.
- Combine supports cancellation as all of the Subscribers conform to the Cancellable protocol.
- Rando publishers: Just empty record observable object, future, sequence. published, share, deferred, fail, multicast...
Support my projects on Ko-Fi!️